Consulting Services Proposal Template
Consultants, marketing professionals and agencies use the consulting proposal template to land a prospective client. Essentially, it’s a sales pitch. Your business proposal should include all the necessary components of a strategic game plan to detail how you would handle a specific project.
- Outline the project summary, scope and proposed solution.
- Demonstrate your company’s services, strategic framework and ability to succeed.
- Build upon your existing marketing strategies to showcase how you’re the best fit for the job.
Xtensio is your team space for beautiful living documents.
Create, manage and share business collateral, easily.
Join the 190,370 changemakers.
Other proposal templates
How to create a consulting services proposal with Xtensio
- Click and start editing, no account or credit card required.
Follow along with the instructional consulting proposal details. Add charts, graphs, images, and videos to customize the proposal template and make it your own. Drag & drop. Resize. It’s the easiest editor ever.
- Customize everything in the consulting proposal template to match your brand.
Define your style guide. Add your (or your client’s) brand fonts and colors. You can even pull colors directly from a website to easily brand your business proposals and more.
- Work on your proposals together on the cloud.
Add colleagues (or clients) to collaborate on the consulting proposal template. Changes automatically save and sync across all devices, in real-time.
- Share a link. Present a slideshow. Embed. Download a PDF/PNG.
The consulting proposal template seamlessly adapts to your workflow. No more jumping from tool-to-tool to design different types of deliverables.
- Reuse and repurpose.
Save your own custom consulting proposal templates. Or copy and merge into other documents.
What is a consulting proposal?
A consulting business proposal is a document that consultants, marketing professionals and agencies send to potential clients; it acts as a sales pitch for a specific project. Consulting proposals are also marketing deliverables that demonstrate why and how the consultant’s experience and skills make them the best fit for the project. That being said, your proposals should be persuasive, personalized for the client’s needs and visually engaging.
How do I write a consulting services proposal?
The proposal itself won’t win the client. You should only send a project proposal once you’ve engaged the potential client and agreed that they have an issue or opportunity they’d like your help with. Before you get started creating a proposal, think about how you can add value to your client’s work.
- What is my brand identity? What kind of work does my consultancy do?
- What service will I be providing for this potential client?
- How do I compare to the competition?
Once you identify your value-add, get the potential client on the phone or schedule a meeting to talk about the prospect of working together in-person. This will add trust to your brand and give you the chance to plant the idea. Once it’s clear that you can add value for the client, simply ask them if you can create a project proposal and give them a specific date.
Then it’s time to write a consulting proposal:
- Start by introducing yourself with a cover page: list your company and your name, the prospective client’s name and the date of submission. Add your branding with your colors, logo and a nice background image.
- Write an executive summary that gives an overview of the client’s problem, how you plan to tackle the challenge and a call-to-action.
- Describe your approach and process. What’s your strategy? How are you going to reach the objectives you outlined in the overview?
- Outline the scope and timetable of the project, including what you will (and will not) work on. Be explicit; clearly outline milestones, how you intend to carry out the project, and where resources will be allocated.
- List solutions and project deliverables. Whether you’re doing a website audit, creating a content marketing proposal or assisting the company in digital transformation, be clear about what deliverables are expected during the project. List out deliverables, formats and requirements.
- Outline budget, pricing, terms and conditions. Be transparent about the cost of your services and help your clients quickly determine if they can afford to work with you. Include how you wish to be compensated and describe any potential extra costs, such as outside tools, materials, or testing.
- Showcase related work and case studies. Sell yourself! Explain your background and experience related to the scope of this project. Add logos of bigger name companies that you’ve worked with.
Related to the Consulting Services Proposal Template
Fully customizable templates that you can make your own.
See how Xtensio can help your business
Build and launch products and services successfully.
Engage buyers more and close sales faster.
Create, share and manage key collateral easily.
Deliver better experiences.
Used by the world’s top businesses.
190,370 users and counting.
Marketing Manager @
Global Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) @
UI/UX Designer @
Director of Digital Marketing @
UX Manager @
Global Engineering Manager @
Frequently asked questions
What is Xtensio?
Xtensio is the quickest and easiest way for teams to create, share and manage all of their business documents together. Create pitches, sales sheets, reports, case studies, agendas and more. Add images, videos, tables, buttons and other interactive modules. Drag and drop, resize, change backgrounds, colors. Share a link. Present a digital slideshow. Export a PDF/PNG.
Do I need to download software?
Nope. Xtensio is a web browser-based platform.
How is Xtensio different from PPT, Illustrator or Word?
Unlike other presentation or document creators, Xtensio works like a web builder so you can easily drag and drop interactive content, customize the layout, and change colors, fonts, backgrounds to get professional-looking business content out the door quickly, without needing a designer.
You can collaborate with team members and guests to work together in real-time on the cloud. And the flexibility to share folios as live web links, digital slideshow presentations or exportable PDF/PNGs means you don’t have to jump between tools when creating different deliverables. Check out this page to see how Xtensio outpaces the competition.
What is a folio?
An Xtensio folio is a unique online page editor. A living document. It’s a live webpage, a full-screen digital slideshow presentation, and an exportable PDF/PNG document all in one. Folios are responsive, collaborative, and completely customizable. Start with an instructional template or a blank folio to build all your business documents and presentations with the ease of a web builder. Add team members and guests to work together in real time on the cloud. Changes instantly sync to the live version of the folio so both internal and external stakeholders are always up-to-date. Xtensio folios are the next generation of flexible documents and presentations.
Is my data private and secure?
Yes. All Xtensio plans include 128 bit SSL encryption and backups to ensure your data is secure. Here’s more on the range of sharing options on Xtensio, from completely private to public.
Can I create a free proposal?
Yes. Any Xtensio template is FREE TO TRY. No need to add your credit card information to start editing. Create an account if you would like to save and share your work.
What would I get by upgrading to a premium plan?
By upgrading to our premium plans, you’ll have a private, branded workspace with your own URL where you, your team members and guests can create and collaborate on multiple presentations and documents.
You’ll be able to lock branding across your deliverables with the team style guide, streamline the creation process with custom templates, unlock exports, add password protection and customize individual shared links, and view project stats to stay updated on all of your projects. Here’s more about our premium plans.
What would I use the business proposal template for?
A well-developed consulting proposal will show your game plan to your next potential clients. Consultants, marketers and agencies can use this template to create an easy-to-read and mobile-friendly business proposal.
Do you have a sample consulting proposal?
Yes! We have a couple of sample consulting proposal templates above that you can use as a starting point for your own. If you find a style you like, use it for your inspiration. Just click on one of the examples further up on this page to save it as a folio and start editing with your own content.
How do I create a consulting proposal to land new clients?
To create an effective business consulting proposal, you’ll want to show a potential client your past successful projects. You can use the case study template to showcase a compelling story of how your company solved a particularly challenging problem.
Can I add colleagues to edit the consulting proposal template?
Yes! You can invite as many people as you’d like to collaborate on your proposals. As a platform, Xtensio helps improve the way your team works.
How do I share my client consulting proposal?
Choose your file format. Present it as a full-screen digital slideshow, share it as a responsive web link or export it as a PDF (customize the PDF size) or PNG.
Do you have other tools for working with clients?