Everything you need to know about sections.
Think of sections as one horizontal slice of your folio. You can rearrange these slices however you want and decide what modules go in them. A section can be as large or as small as you want depending on the height of your content. But remember, each section equals one full screen slide if you present or one full page if you export your folio.
We recommend that users take advantage of separate sections when building folios. Separate sections make it easier to move pieces of a folio around. Additionally, it’s good to have your folio divided into sections, it is easier to page break by sections when exporting.
Each tip will have easy-to-follow instructions along with a short GIF to walk you through it. This guide will be updated periodically so feel free to check in occasionally for more tips!
- To move a section, select “Move Section” from the dropdown menu on the right side of the screen. You can move your section up or down or to the top or bottom of the folio.
- When you click on “Background,” from the dropdown menu, you’ll see a few options.
- To change the background color, click “Background color” and you’ll see 10 default colors or your can use a hex # to specify the background color.
- You can also change the background image of the section by uploading an image or selecting one from our gallery.
- If you decide that you don’t like the changes you’ve made, you have the option to reset the background back to its original form.
- To duplicate a section, go to the dropdown menu and select “Duplicate.” A duplicate will appear just below the same section. This will save you a lot of time if you want to copy several modules at the same time.
- Go to the section dropdown menu and select “Export.” This is useful when you want to export only a specific portion of your folio. You can find a more in-depth review of the export function in a separate blog post here.
- If you want to delete a section, select “Delete” from the dropdown menu. A pop-up window will ask you to confirm this action.
- Be careful, once deleted, you will not be able to recover a deleted section.
Move/Copy to another folio
- You can copy or move individual sections from one folio to another. To do so, select ‘Copy to folio’ or ‘Move to folio’ from the dropdown menu.
- Select the folio you’d like to copy/move the section to on the pop-up window that appears and voila!
All Together Now
All of our templates are completely flexible and we encourage you to customize your folio however you like. Strategically create sections for when you want to present or export your work. You can create as many sections as you’d like and, if you have Plus, export each section individually.
By clicking “Get Started – Free Forever!” I agree to Xtensio’s Terms of Service.