Optimization overhaul. Refinements to premium plan packaging. New video module, Case Study template, and Explore tab. Bug fixes and more. Here are Xtensio product updates from November 2017 through March 2018.
Premium Plan Optimizations
After launching Xtensio Team Space, we realized that our premium plans needed refinement to clarify value for both solo and team users. One of the biggest changes was renaming Team Space as the Business plan.The base price of the Business plan was also lowered from $600 to $240 annually. This was done to align the plan names with the user upgrade flow and better highlight the features each plan offers. This process involved updates to our communications and in-app UI.
To better allocate our resources for empowering our premium users, we changed the folio-limit on the Free plan to one folio. This process included optimizing communications and notifying existing users of the change, as well as adding a free month trial of Xtensio Plus to users’ accounts with more than one active folio. For further optimizations of our premium plans, we made exports unlimited for all plans and made Folios Stats available on the Pro and Business plan.
Finally, we also began structuring our non-profit and educational discounts. This discount is applicable as a bulk license for the Business plan only at this time. The discount is 50% off for up to 100 seats, 60% off for 100-500 seats and 70% off for teams of more than 500. If you’d like to learn more about setting up the Business plan for your educational institution or non-profit organization, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW! Features and In-App Updates
We introduced a Video Module so you can easily embed videos into your folio, stylize it and move it around. Add a new module to your folio at the top left of your edit screen.
Case Study template, examples and ‘how-to’ guide
In the process of optimizing our template creation flow, we’ve added a new Case Study template, two editable examples and a ‘how-to’ guide. Find the Case Study template here or browse through them all via the ‘Templates’ tab at the top of your dashboard view.
Introducing the Explore tab
Xtensio Explore highlights new features and resources in the app, showcases user spotlights and tips for using Xtensio to streamline your productivity. You can find the Explore tab at the top of your dashboard screen. Or here’s a quick link.
Miscellaneous product updates:
- Status page added to your profile menu so you can easily check how the app is running. Check it out here.
- Embed URL added to your toolbar. Embed a link into your folio to show a preview of the web page.
- Open-graph image optimization for shared folio links. Share your folio’s URL on social platforms and it will pull your folio’s first section background as the shared link image.
UX optimizations and bug fixes
During the first quarter of 2018, we were busy taking care of many optimizations that had been put on hold while wrapping up the launch of Team Space (now the Business plan). Along with optimizations comes bug fixes…Here are some other things we’ve been working on:
- Business plan user flows were updated for UX optimizations, including improved messaging, less clicks and more intuitive flows.
- Resolved a bug caused when a logo was uploaded to a new team.
- We optimized the ‘save template’ flow to place you on the ‘My Templates’ page after creating a template, truncate the title for easier viewing and added a banner to Pro and Business plans when downgrading so users will know they need to delete a saved template.
- We also resolved an issue with templates duplicating on users’ dashboard when saved as a folio.
- There was an issue with the sync being lost when an image was copied and pasted into a folio. This has now been fixed.
- There was also a bug causing the text to repeat on an empty channel and an issue with channels filtering correctly, both of which have now been resolved.
- In an effort to clean up our servers, we began purge folios remaining in the trash for over three months.
- We then began seeing images disappearing from folios, which was caused when the original image file was uploaded to a deleted folio or was first inserted into a canvas or module that was later deleted. This issue has now also been resolved.
- We also worked through our first phase of export optimizations, which improved PDF and PNG downloads.
- There was a bug causing the bell notification icon to appear black instead of red, which has been fixed.
- We fixed an issue that was preventing new users from signing up on Internet Explorer.
- And we optimized the collaboration invitation process by removing the email confirmation after a user has accepted an invitation to edit a folio.