Introducing Xtensio for Business
Building the team and guest management process on a workflow platform that lets you collaborate in real-time and flexibly share links was no easy task, both technically and user experience design-wise. Yet, with the help of our early access Team Space users, we’ve been able to successfully launch Xtensio for Business for public use. Needless to say, most of our product updates from the past few months are related to this launch.
Team and Guest Management
Xtensio for Business allows you to control access levels of colleagues, stakeholders and clients. Much of the work in regards to building Team Space was related to defining each of the different users’ roles and optimizing the flows of adding and removing these users. Here are the different roles users can have within Team Space:
Single Folio Guests
These are free guests added to only 1 folio. You can add 5 single folio guests per team member (e.g. 15 guests for a team of 3). This is perfect for looping in a client you’re working with on a single project or adding a prospective investor to see your pitch deck.
These guests can be added to an unlimited number of folios but they can not create new ones. If you’re working with a client on multiple projects, this is a great option. It allows them to have editing access to all of the folios you’ve created for them but they will not be able to create any new projects themselves.
This is your internal team. These users have access to all Xtensio Pro features. Team Members can create folios and they can add guests to individual folios via the ‘Add People’ icon at the top of the folio edit screen.
Admins have the same access as team members plus the ability to add new members. They can also transfer folios outside the Team Space (e.g. to clients).
This is the account the team is created by. The owner has admin access plus access to billing and the ability to delete the Team Space.
New Feature! Save Your Own Templates
Under the 3-dot folio menu (both on the folio card on your dashboard view and at the top right of your edit view), you can now choose to Save as template. You will find all of your saved templates under the ‘Templates’ tab at the top of your dashboard. Learn how.
Updated Template Channels
Miscellaneous Team Space Product Updates
Besides fine-tuning the team management process, we’ve also been working on implementing measures to ensure the security of the space and optimize user experience. Here are some things we’ve done:
- We’ve made Xtensio for Business super private and super secure. All folios transferred into Team Space stay within the Team Space. Only owners and admins can transfer folios outside of the space. All folios links are updated to the Team Space URL when transferred.
- Team Space users will have two dashboards and can switch between personal and Team Space dashboards via the profile menu.
- Implemented a single billing process for Team Space.
- Optimization of in-app and email communications to reflect changes to the platform.
UX Updates and Bug Fixes
- We’ve implemented image upload limits to ensure the quality and performance of your folios. The Free plan now has an upload limit of 1MB and all premium plans have an upload limit of 5MB.
- There were a couple of bug fixes related to collaboration, including a bug that was preventing the removal of a pending invitation and a bug that was preventing the folio card from appearing on a new users dashboard.
- We added an in-app notification to show when a template has been saved as a folio on a user’s dashboard.
- Updated UI on billing and pricing pages to clarify plans and prices.
- We also fixed a bug that was preventing canvases from being added to new folios
- The bug causing folio cards to appear twice on the dashboard was also fixed.
- On presentation mode, there was an issue with the navigation icons not showing. That has been resolved.
In the coming months, we’ll be optimizing communications and user experience along with ramping up our template creation process. Check back in December for more updates!