Your Ultimate Guide to Collaboration and Revision History
Xtensio’s new Collaboration feature helps users facilitate the exchange of ideas for their businesses. Whether you and a colleague are across the room or on opposite ends of the world, Collaboration brings your work to one place on multiple screens. And if you make a mistake or don’t like a change you’ve made, just restore a previous version of your folio with Revision History. By combining the design capabilities of a website builder with the collaborative functionality of a content editor, we’re revolutionizing how businesses communicate in a world where perpetual innovation is the new normal.
We’ve laid out the basics of Collaboration and Revision History with easy-to-follow steps and GIFs. This guide will be continually updated so feel free to check in for more tips!
Xtensio’s update includes several major benefits for users.
- Real-time collaboration. Work on the same folio as your colleagues, clients, or stakeholders at the same time.
- Unlimited collaborators. Work with as many people as you’d like on the same folio.
- Revision history. Made a mistake? Don’t like a change you or a collaborator made? Revert back to previous versions of your folio with just a few clicks.
Adding and Removing Collaborators
- You can add collaborators from your dashboard or at the top of your folio by clicking the “Add/Remove People” icon.
- Select collaborators’ access level by allowing users to edit or view folios.
- Users will have to accept the invitation to start collaborating.
- You can even resend the invitation if you want to nudge the recipient to accept.
When you add a user to collaborate on your folio they’ll be notified via email and in the Xtensio app. You’ll be notified via email and the app once they’ve either accepted or declined your invitation to collaborate.
- You can also remove collaborators from your dashboard or at the top of your folio by clicking the “Add/Remove People” icon.
- Click the “x” beside a collaborator’s name to remove their access to your folio.
- Change collaborators’ access level from editing to viewing your folios.
- When you remove a user to collaborate on your folio they’ll be notified via email and in the Xtensio app.
Other Collaboration Tips & Tricks
Here are some other tricks for collaborating:
- A green dot appears next to a collaborator’s icon if he or she is also in the folio.
- A green pencil appears next to a collaborator’s icon if he or she is currently editing the folio.
- Clicking a collaborator’s icon when he or she is editing will bring you to where those edits are being made.
Every change someone makes, from resizing and adding modules to adding or removing sections, syncs instantly across all accounts and devices linked to the folio.
Collaborator Access Levels
As the owner of a folio, you can select the level of access collaborators have on your folio. You can adjust these settings at any time.
Collaborators can carry out different functions depending on their access level. We’ve laid out those capabilities here:
* Xtensio Plus users only
As either the owner or collaborator of a folio, you have the ability to leave at any time.
- Click the “Add/Remove People” icon from your dashboard or from the top of your folio.
- If you are a collaborator, you can click the “x” beside your name to leave the folio.
- If you are the owner of the folio, after clicking the “x” beside your name you will be asked to either:
- Transfer ownership of the folio to a collaborator, or
- Archive the folio and revoke access for all collaborators.
This new feature lets you revert to a previous version of your folio in case you make a mistake or don’t like a change a collaborator has made. It takes the stress out of collaborating, so you can focus on the work that matters most to you and your team.
- Click on the timestamp to access your folio’s history or from the drop down on the far right side of your navigation.
- Choose the version of your folio to which you want to revert.
- You can even preview the version before reverting to it, so you know for sure which revision you want to make.
As part of this update, we’ve revamped the dashboard by allowing you to filter which folios you view at any given time.
- Click on the “All Folios” button along the far left side of your dashboard.
- A dropdown menu will appear, allowing you to toggle between “My folios only” and folios that have been “Shared with me”.
Shared folios will count towards the three allowed for users with free accounts.
All Together Now
Now put these tips together! Our folios are meant to be responsive web pages. With a better understanding of collaboration and revision history you can enhance your business communications. We hope you find these tips useful.
By clicking “Get Started – Free Forever!” I agree to Xtensio’s Terms of Service.