We are looking for an ambitious and multi-faceted Front-End Developer to be an integral part of shaping the growth of an emerging tech company. Ideally, you’re a self-starter who is familiar with using Xtensio.
We are looking to add a Front-end Developer to join our growing international engineering team. You will be working on Xtensio and collaborating with front-end, back-end and content teams to continuously optimize the platform for better performance. You won’t just be writing snippets of code. Your knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery and other languages will equip you with the ability to write large amounts of inter-related code in a clean, modular way. This is an ambitious position with long-term big gains.
This is a long-term, contract position, starting part-time with the intention of going full-time. Paid in USD.
We are all around the world doing our life’s work. We don’t mind where or when you work; We care that you are good at what you do and that you are a good person in general.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring pristine quality of all front-end output, optimized for visual perfection as well as technical performance and speed.
- Working on web and app properties, as well as product user interfaces.
- Taking initiative and constantly looking for opportunities to improve and optimize our properties for better performance.
- Checking quality control your own work, as well as assisting in team code reviews.
- Working in an agile development environment, where we iterate and deploy fast.
- Developing with little documentation, based on basic design assets, illustrator files, sketches, or sometimes an open conversation.
- Looking for cutting-edge, elegant and simple transitions, along with animations to add flair to our designs and elevate our work.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience
- A bachelor’s degree in math, software, programming, or a related field
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks
- Knowledge of Node.JS and GULP is a plus
- Excellent grasp of HTML, CSS, SCSS
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- Familiarity with Git
- JSON Data Structures
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills to work with an international team
- Eager to learn
NICE TO HAVES
- Past experience working with SaaS products
- Past experience working with remote teams across multiple time zones
- Familiarity with “Lean Startup” principles
- Good grasp of backend technologies
- Please submit a cover letter that explains why you are the right fit for this position.
- Attach your resume
- Include up to three references and their contact information.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruiters or recruiting agencies or service providers will be considered.